Just because you’re a tad farther away from your favourite restaurant or fish-and-chip shop doesn’t mean you can’t experience a delicious variation to the frozen food supplier Mountain Harvest Foods’ natural sliced potato cake: the nutritious Home-Made Potato Cake Pattie. Just follow these simple steps to make yourself some delightful servings of these mouth-watering treats. Here’s how:
3 cups mashed potatoes
2 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup plain flour
1 diced onion
1 tablespoon and 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
1-1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (or Mozzarella)
Pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- Combine mashed potatoes, eggs, plain flour, salt and pepper in a medium-sized bowl and mix thoroughly as you sprinkle the cheddar cheese into the mixture.
- Melt butter in a frying pan over low heat. If you want a healthier alternative to butter, use three to four tablespoons of canola oil instead, making sure that the bottom and lower side of the pan is coated well.
- Scoop tablespoons of the mashed-potato mixture into the pan. Ideal thickness is about a 1/4 inch.
- Cook until golden brown for approximately 5 minutes per side.
- After frying, transfer each Potato Pattie onto a plate lined with paper towels to absorb excess oil and make the potato patties healthier and crispier.
Other Recipe Ideas:
- Try adding different herbs – our “Nonna” (Grandma) loved adding parsley!
- Try using Sweet Potato!.
If you want to learn more recipes on how to make some cheap frozen products try to visit us here at best frozen food suppliers sydney.