No one enjoys being fat as everyone wants to feel attractive and have a healthy body, isn’t that right? Well, we all want to look and feel perfect, but we all do stuff that does the complete opposite. We enjoy staying up very late at night, consume large amounts of junk foods, drown ourselves with sweet chocolates and desserts, smoke like there is no tomorrow and a whole lot more that destroys our health. The worst part is, we succumb to these temptations and don’t do anything about it. Finally, we act when we are shamed with a humiliating comment or, worse, when we get cancer, diabetes, heart attack and other serious problems that shock us to the core. We cannot blame others but ourselves for the damage done.
Since weight-related problems are serious issues, people around the world, healthy or not, are searching for answers on how to lose weight. It is undeniable that we want everything to be easy and quick, but the bitter truth is that it will take a lot of effort, discipline and sacrifices. It is difficult, but not impossible. If you want to get some tips when it comes to weight loss, then you have come to the right place.
50 Weight Loss Tips
Having these tips on your hard drive or your iPhone will serve as a regular reminder of how to maintain your personal health.
1. Dietary control and exercise. It’s true what they say – all you need to do is watch what you eat, and expend more energy than you consume. It’s really that simple.
2. Change your lifestyle. Diets are temporary. When you change your dietary lifestyle, however, you’re changing your habits – and you’re putting yourself on track for long-term / continued success and weight maintenance.
3. Join an online support group. In my case, I created my own – FatBlasters. It’s essential that you don’t feel alone, and reaching out to friends (new or old) is typically a smart move.
4. Take before and after photos. I know it sucks to see yourself as a chunky monkey (sorry, that’s what I called myself – only to get myself motivated to meet my weight loss goal) but it works amazing in the long-run when you get to compare you new self to the older image.
5. Start reading labels. It is time consuming, but you have to do it – and there’s no way to avoid this tip. If you don’t know what you’re putting in your mouth, you’re flying blind. Don’t assume either – double check the ingredients list and serving sizes.
7. If you like cheese, you should keep several items in stock at all times. The individually-wrapped wedges and slices make for excellent snacks, and are wonderful when melted over just about anything edible.
8. Tell your family. You’re not going to lose the weight alone, even if you ARE alone in losing the weight. If you’ve got a family at home, talk to them about it – initially, not incessantly. Let them know what you’re going to do, and that you want (and need) their support.
9. Go public. I didn’t want to admit that I had screwed up, but admitting the problem in public was the first step on the path to eventual success. I was now accountable for my actions, and all my friends knew what I was doing. There was no turning back, otherwise I’d be risk damaging my integrity.
10. Identify your exercise. No exercise was created equal. You might like running, so run. You might like jogging, so jog. You might like stationary bikes, so bike stationarily. Find the one that works best for you – that isn’t too much of a chore for you to do regularly throughout the week.
-written by Chris Pirillo
You can see the complete article by visiting the author’s post.
You may not be able to remember all those tips but try to keep in mind the most important ones, or better yet, make a copy to your smart phone or tablet as mentioned earlier. Do not worry if you commit mistakes, forget, or not do it right because you will learn eventually, you just have to get used to it. Also, do not overwhelm yourself with the things you cannot do anymore, start simple and work your way through the list. Rushing things will only discourage you and we all know where that leads.
If you are interested in more weight loss tips or have questions, do not hesitate to ask. Just go to this site to find out other weight loss options. Lastly, you will need to support yourself with supplements to maximize your weight loss results. You can do a research on that, I’m sure a lot of people have many opinions regarding that.